* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Happy Birthday St. Joseph's GNS
1967 - 2017
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* If you are thinking of enroling a child in Junior Infants in September 2018, you are more than welcome to pop in and see us any time... our door is always open
* After Schools Lego Club starting soon for 3rd class
* Internet Safety Talks for 3rd - 6th Class coming up in February & March
* Coppers for Cancer Appeal - we are once again asking parents and families to gather their coppers together and donate them for Daffodil Day - Irish Cancer Society fund raiser. Every year we collect coppers in the classroom and it does get a little competitive with each class trying to raise the most money! This is a very worthy cause so start checking those pockets!
* For the first time, our choir have entered the Feis Maitiu Unison Primary School Choir Competition. We will be performing on Thursday March 1st in Cork.
* Grandparent's Day for 2nd class will take place on Wednesday 14th February. We are looking forward to a lovely afternoon with performances from 2nd class to honour the grandparents that are so dear to them.
* Zumba with Flav takes place every Wednesday with classes from Junior Infants to Sixth class enjoying this very special dance activity
* French classes with Deirdre
Delighted that our French classes have returned with a block of six weeks for all pupils from Junior Infants - Sixth Class.
* Guitar classes with Kay
Girls from 3rd - 6th classes
have started again.
* Violin lessons have begun for 2nd & 3rd class girls
*We are looking forward to competing in the Feis Maitiu Unison Choir competition this February/March
* Drama with Pam Golden (Junior Infants - 1st class) and The Montforts - Mrs. Eileen Nolan & Annette Smyth are back in action on Thursdays and Fridays this term
* This term a wide range of sports will be enjoyed by our girls. Swimming classes are continuing and we look forward to tennis with Alan as well as GAA training with Timmy.