WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL
Here are some documents we have sent to all parents
|Information for parents on Re opening St Josephs GNS.docx|
|File Size:||174 kb|
|What happens if my child becomes unwell during the school day?.docx|
|File Size:||15 kb|
Frequently Asked Questions by Parents
- What happens if my child has asthma and she is coughing in school? Please refer to the "Illness during the school day" document above.
- Staggered opening times - what will I do if I have two children coming in at two different times? We will ask any child with a sister to bring the sister (s) with them when they are coming into school for the first two weeks and their sister will be taken to their classroom. We do not want any parent inconvenienced because of our staggered opening times but as you know this situation is an exceptional one and we really appreciate your co-operation. Hopefully after two weeks we will have a system up and running where children can come into the school yard to a designated class area and so we will not need staggered opening times. We will be teaching the children how to do this safely during our first week back
- What does my child need to bring in her bag on the first morning ? We are asking all children to bring in a SCHOOL pencil case (this will have to be left in school) Junior Infants - 2nd Class - bring in any new books you have bought and the rental readers you have had since last year / a pencil case and your lunch 3rd - 6th class - please bring in the rental books from last year / a pencil case / a refill pad and your lunch
- Can my child bring in her own hand sanitizer? Absolutely yes and we will encourage each child to have their own personal hand sanitiser in school. We have hand sanitisers installed in all classrooms and at entry / exit points but having their own at their desk would also be a great help.
- How can we help the school to re open safely? We have had a lot of parents asking us this and there are a few things you can help us with: - teach your child coughing / sneezing etiquette - use a tissue or crook of arm - talk about going back to school as a positive thing and please try not to highlight the potential hazards! - teach your child how to wash their hands correctly -Most of all ask us questions! It is through your feedback that we tease details out. This is a challenge for our whole school community! Lets do it together!